Vmware release new HOL free Labs available public to anyone what to try NSX.
The New version including new features NSX-V 6.1 release.
HOL-SDC-1424 – VMware NSX in the SDDC
This NSX lab covers integration of NSX with components of the vCloud Suite to deliver on the Software Defined Datacenter.
Integration of NSX with Management components like vCloud Automation Center (vCAC), vCenter Operations Manager(vC Ops) and Log Insight is covered in this lab.
In addition, the lab also demonstrates how NSX is a platform built for automation by using vCO and the NSX API.
||Create Network Profiles
||Create a Multi-Machine Blueprint
||Configure a Catalog Item and Deploy
||vCenter Orchestrator and the NSX API through vCloud Automation Center Advanced Designer
||Using vCenter Operations with the NSX Management Pack
||Using vCenter Log Insight with NSX
Authors: McClanahan Christopher, Sean O’Dell, Nathan Ness
HOL-SDC-1424 PDF Guide
HOL-SDC-1425 – VMware NSX Advanced
This lab covers advanced NSX topics and builds on the basics learned in the “VMware NSX Introduction (SPL-SDC-1403)” lab.
Attendees will gain hands-on experience on advanced NSX features like DHCP Relay, L2VPN, ECMP and Service Composer.
This lab will also cover Third party integration with NSX by highlighting Networking Management, Load Balancing and End-Point Security
Partners to demonstrate how NSX provides a comprehensive platform for Network and Security Virtualization.
Today I passed the VCP-NV exam,
The VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization (VCP-NV) Exam tests candidates on their skills and
abilities installing, configuring and administering a VMware NSX environment. Successful candidates
demonstrate mastery of these skills and abilities.
My Study sources used to learn for this exam was:
- VMware NSX 6.0 Documentation Center
- NSX-V 6.0 Administrator Guide
- VMware NSX-V 6.0 Design Guide
Pay attention, this design guide link is to NSX-V 6.0 version. There is new version of this Design guide 2.0 witch including new feature of NSX-V 6.1 version.
- VCP-NV Exam Blueprint
- NSX ICM official training
- Working with NSX in the filed helped me with some of the question.
Some of the question in the exam was very NSX basic and test your fundamental understanding of NSX components, other question cause me to screws my head.
I think I can compeer this exam to Cisco CCNA level exam.
Most of the question in the exam was VMware NSX for vSphere version NSX-V) and few question was general and can be classified as NSX-MH question.
The Exam Objectives:
Section 1 – Define VMware NSX Technology and Architecture
- Describe the Benefits of a VMware NSX Implementation
- Describe VMware NSX Architecture
- Differentiate VMware Network and Security Technologies
- Contrast Physical and Virtual Network Technologies
- Explain VMware NSX Integration with Third-Party Products and Services
- Explain VMware NSX Integration with vCloud Automation Center (vCAC)
Section 2 – Plan and Configure vSphere Networking
- Define Benefits of Running VMware NSX on Physical Network Fabrics
- Describe Physical Infrastructure Requirements for a VMware NSX Implementation
Section 3 – Configure and Manage vSphere Networking
- Configure and Manage vSphere Standard Switches (vSS)
- Configure and Manage vSphere Distributed Switches (vDS)
- Configure and Manage vSS and vDS Policies
Section 4 – Install and Upgrade VMware NSX
- Configure Environment for Network Virtualization
- Deploy VMware NSX Components
- Upgrade Existing vCNS/NSX Implementation
- Expand Transport Zone to Include New Cluster(s)
Section 5 – Configure VMware NSX Virtual Networks
- Create and Administer Logical Switches
- Configure VXLAN
- Configure and Manage Layer 2 Bridging
- Configure and Manage Logical Routers
Section 6 – Configure and Manage NSX Network Services
- Configure and Manage Logical Load Balancing
- Configure and Manage Logical Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Configure and Manage DHCP/DNS/NAT
- Configure and Manage Edge Services High Availability
Section 7 – Configure and Administer Network Security
- Configure and Administer Logical Firewall Services
- Configure Distributed Firewall Services
- Configure and Manage Service Composer
Section 8 – Perform Operations Tasks in a VMware NSX Environment
- Configure Roles, Permissions, and Scopes
- Describe NSX Automation
- Monitor a VMware NSX Implementation
- Administer Logging
- Backup and Recover Configurations
Section 9 – Troubleshoot a VMware Network Virtualization Implementation
- Identify Tools Available for Troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot Common NSX Installation/Configuration Issues
- Troubleshoot Common NSX Component Issues
- Troubleshoot Common Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshoot Common vSphere Networking Issues
VMware publish second and completely reworked edition of the VMware® NSX for vSphere Network Virtualization Design Guide
NSX-V Design Guide 2.0
This Design document is targeted toward virtualization and network architects interested in deploying VMware® NSX network virtualization solution in a vSphere environment covering:
- NSX-v functional components
- Functional services
- Design considerations.
Design content include new features from NSX 6.1 release (i.e. active/active Equal Cost Multi-path Routing) and Micro-segmentation, Distributed Firewall
Thank to Authors Max Ardica and Nimish Desai creating best ever fully NSX-V design guide:
Link to paper: