Today I passed the VCP-NV exam

Today I passed the VCP-NV exam,

VCP-NV

VCP-NV

The VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization (VCP-NV) Exam tests candidates on their skills and
abilities installing, configuring and administering a VMware NSX environment. Successful candidates
demonstrate mastery of these skills and abilities.

My Study sources used to learn for this exam was:

1. VMware NSX 6.0 Documentation Center
  2. NSX-V 6.0 Administrator Guide
  3. VMware NSX-V 6.0 Design Guide
    Pay attention, this design guide link is to NSX-V 6.0 version. There is new version of this Design guide 2.0 witch including new feature of NSX-V 6.1 version.
  4. VCP-NV Exam Blueprint
  5. NSX ICM official training
  6. Working with NSX in the filed helped me with some of the question.

Some of the question in the exam was very NSX basic and test your fundamental understanding of NSX components, other question cause me to screws my head.

I think I can compeer this exam to Cisco CCNA level exam.

Most of the question in the exam was VMware NSX for vSphere version NSX-V) and few question was general and can be classified as NSX-MH question.

The Exam Objectives:

Section 1 – Define VMware NSX Technology and Architecture

• Describe the Benefits of a VMware NSX Implementation
  • Describe VMware NSX Architecture
  • Differentiate VMware Network and Security Technologies
  • Contrast Physical and Virtual Network Technologies
  • Explain VMware NSX Integration with Third-Party Products and Services
  • Explain VMware NSX Integration with vCloud Automation Center (vCAC)

Section 2 – Plan and Configure vSphere Networking

• Define Benefits of Running VMware NSX on Physical Network Fabrics
  • Describe Physical Infrastructure Requirements for a VMware NSX Implementation

Section 3 – Configure and Manage vSphere Networking

• Configure and Manage vSphere Standard Switches (vSS)
  • Configure and Manage vSphere Distributed Switches (vDS)
  • Configure and Manage vSS and vDS Policies

Section 4 – Install and Upgrade VMware NSX

• Configure Environment for Network Virtualization
  • Deploy VMware NSX Components
  • Upgrade Existing vCNS/NSX Implementation
  • Expand Transport Zone to Include New Cluster(s)

Section 5 – Configure VMware NSX Virtual Networks

• Create and Administer Logical Switches
  • Configure VXLAN
  • Configure and Manage Layer 2 Bridging
  • Configure and Manage Logical Routers

Section 6 – Configure and Manage NSX Network Services

• Configure and Manage Logical Load Balancing
  • Configure and Manage Logical Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
  • Configure and Manage DHCP/DNS/NAT

• Troubleshoot Common NSX Component Issues
  • Troubleshoot Common Connectivity Issues
  • Troubleshoot Common vSphere Networking Issues

Posted in Certification Tagged with:
32 comments on “Today I passed the VCP-NV exam
  1. Gabe says:

Congrats! – I’ll be preparing for the same after VCAP-DCA.

2. will follow your advise.

thanks for share!!

3. Saeed says:

Congrats on passing this exam…!!!

4. Congratulations Roie 🙂

5. Maros says:

Hi Roie,

First of all congrats to your achievement, I am looking for the v2 design guide, could you please share that document.

Thanks.

6. congrats Roie ….. i am looking for the VCP-NV better documents could you share that thing…………..

7. Rodrigo Lira says:

There is the possibility to download the NSX for study purposes?

8. hello roie i am going to take vcp-nv on next week i am done my ccna routing &switching so can i take without training and how can i register for vcp_nv exam could you tell me

9. Gudi says:

Congrats man,

Just curious why you take VCP-NV instead of VCIX-NV

with your CCIE you’re eligible to take directly VCIX-NV

10. travis k says:

hi..how many questions was there..and whats the exam fee..was there any lab..or all objective type questions..

11. travis k says:

for vcix-nv we need vcp-nv ..am i correct….
    or we can do vcix-nv directly if we have ccie..
    vmware asking for vcp-nv to do vcix-nv ..

12. Jboy says:

How much is this exam . These is not a direct link to find the cost?
    Vmware is offering 50% percent off. What is the regular price

13. My question is what does is help you with in real life
    I ant to obtain vmware certifications but Im not sure which one to obtai

14. Abdullah Ashraf says:

Hi Sir,

I intrested in doing Vmware certification.But, I’m confused to do VCP-NV or VCP-DCV?Could you tell me there difference?Also I want to know Is the knowledge in DCV compulsoryf I go for VCP-NV?

15. dsm says:

I just got my vcp-nv and your site was a useful resource in helping me study. Just wanted to say thanks.

16. Ravi says:

If you have valid CCNA, will exam 2V0-641 is enough or do we need to give 2V0-620 as well (the foundation exam )

17. aungkowynn says:

thanks aloft your sharing.May I ask some question.
    I have been read post from vmware blogs that is CCNA certification holder can achieve VCP6-NV certification.It has some rule but I don’t understand some rules.This is my weakness of my English language.Please explain that rules,these rules are belows

+ Path 2: Hold a qualifying Cisco Certification.
    1: Submit proof that you hold one of the following certifications: CCNA Data Center, CCNA Routing & Switching, CCNP Data Center, CCNP Routing & Switching, CCIE Data Center, CCIE Routing & Switching
    2: Complete the vSphere 6 Foundations Exam
    3: Complete the VMware Certified Professional 6 – Network Virtualization Exam

In that rule,I’m ccna certification holder. Can I only one exam the VCP 6 foundation exam.Next three month,can I exam the VCP6-NV exam.

18. Srinivas says:

Hello All,

I am planning to pursue VMware network virtualization certificates. My experience is totally into networking. I have 10+ Years of experience in Networking (
    worked with many good companes like Accenture, HCL ( client Microsoft), Wellsfargo ). I wanted to stay ahead of many networking resources in terms of skill. And I planning to pursue few certificates/knowledge of VMware especially NSX. Can you tell me, am I on right path ? Sometimes it confuses me to take which path….. There are many things coming up in Cloud environment . Should I explore AWS (or) azure (or) vmware nsx ? I wanted your experts advise please keeping in mind of market skills set .

• Student of tech says:

Mate i am in the same boat. Can you share your contact details and we can discuss.

• Srinivas says:

@Student of tech: My contact number is 9885908646. Currently, I am going through VCP-NC on-demand training from VMware.

• 004500sk says:

Hi Any body pronounce abt the Job scope of the VCP6 NSX and above version please.I have basic knowledge of Vmware esxi server and workstation etc. Also Ccna, ECS, ECSA etc certification. If i did VCP6 NSX [ICM]. That is vcp6nv Self study and followed that certification, wht abt the job scope in usa or canada. Please confirm me which will helpful to improve my present status